At Haynes Group, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service to our clients’ specific goals. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a collaborative process while keeping our clients best interest as the focus at all times. Haynes Group is looking for a Field Superintendent to help consistently deliver projects on time, on budget that exceed client expectations. Our superintendents are an integral part of the project team and become involved with projects during the preconstruction phase. We provide our Superintendents with specialized training and development tools that allow them to excel at running projects, collaborating with clients, develop professionally and make sure all projects are completed to the highest standard.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the overall project plan with the project management team
- Complete job specific tasks on commercial projects including, but not limited to rough and finish carpentry, demolition, and installation of finishes.
- Understand construction layout, methods of sequence, and how to read plans and specifications.
- Work closely with project managers to develop schedules, define subcontractor scope, and provide solutions to onsite issues.
- Develop working relationships with all stakeholders including client, inspectors, and team members.
- Oversee and teach Haynes Group team members.
- Customer centric personality
- Manage punch list and the closeout process.
- Maintain daily job reports of all activities and site conditions.
- Ability to manage subcontractors and crews effectively
- Prioritize and execute each project with professionalism and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Ensures that your knowledge of the project and its requirements are effectively communicated with client and all levels of the organization
- Direct subcontractors and vendors while managing, quality and timeframe.
- Fully understand subcontractor scope of work and manage/minimize subcontractor change orders.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all subcontractors.
- Developing relationships with and working with the best subcontractors, and driving the pace of the project.
- Assist project manager in monitoring overall project cost.
- Assist the Project Manager in the monthly requisition process to ensure accurate % complete.
- Understand the Haynes Group contracts with the owner and the subcontractor.
- Communicate all subcontractor/job site problems to project manager and provide solutions.
- Ability to monitor and manage materials and labor budgets
- Assist in managing any OSHA inspections.
- Complete OSHA 10 Hour training course if not in possession.
- Understand and administer company safety procedures.
- Work with clients to develop relationships and build a foundation for future work.
- Current Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction
- Ability to read and understand drawings & specifications
- Provide your own basic hand tools, and transportation to and from job sites or Office/ Shop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must know Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Project) and Sage experience a plus.
- Must be self-motivated & punctual and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
Please send resumes in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org