At Haynes Group, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service to our clients’ specific goals. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a collaborative process while keeping our clients best interest as the focus at all times. The Estimator is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. Estimators must aggressively follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. Estimators also work with the Project Management teams to follow-up on bids and budgets to finalize the proposal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages and solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors.
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors. Ensures that the proper coverage from subcontractors.
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline. Enters all relevant information into Sage 100 Estimating.
- Review bid requirements thoroughly and asks follow-up questions to ensure a thorough understanding of the scope for specific trades assigned.
- Develops RFI’s and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage. Performs a comprehensive analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades.
- Creates bid lists that fit the scope of the job, ensuring that we have the right subs for the project. Include value-engineering ideas on proposal
- Perform in-house takeoff’s where required to qualify and
Follow up and Closing:
- Consistently follows up on submitted bids and budgets with Project Team and Director of Estimating to help close business
- Properly turns over bid documents and sub buyout information to Project Management in a timely manner.
- Review drawings with Project Management team & Director of Estimating and highlight areas of concern.
- Thoroughly checks requirements to ensure proper scope
- Helps ensure that subs are aware of (and commit to) the project schedule
- Seeks & qualifies new subcontractors & communicates with subcontractors with status Provide subs with as much information as possible (PM, Super, permit status, etc.)
- 4-8 years of experience in construction estimating or a related field (preferably in commercial construction.)
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a fast-paced, energetic environment while producing detailed, accurate estimates on multiple and varied projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must know Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Project).
- Sage 100 and Planswift knowledge preferred
- Must be self-motivated & punctual and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
Please send resumes in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org